With our own recycling plants, systematic waste prevention at our plants and our support of upcycling projects, we are supporting the cradle-to-cradle principle.
At ALPLA, we have been working intensively on PET recycling for over 20 years. We are happy to help our customers in relation to transforming recycled plastics (PET, HDPE and PP) into high-quality packaging.
ALPLA has been a joint-venture partner in a PET recycling plant in Toluca (Mexico) since 2005. ALPLA acquired a majority shareholding in the Austrian company PET Recycling Team GmbH in 2011. This plant in Wöllersdorf has an annual capacity of 35,000 tonnes of rPET in food-grade quality. In 2012, ALPLA invested in the construction of a PET recycling plant in Radomsko (southern Poland).
We believe that recycling is important and appropriate not just for legal reasons.
Recycling is important to ALPLA because:
- It is ideologically correct.
- It saves almost 80 per cent of CO2 emissions in the case of rPET.
- Our customers believe in sustainability and we support them.
- It is required based on the purchasing behaviour of consumers.
- There is a growing demand for it from industry and legislation.